Lucky for us, there are now hundreds of ethical clothing brands making cool clothes in all sorts of innovative ways. But just because it's ethical doesn't mean it's practical. And just because it's practical doesn't mean it's affordable.
To make life a little easier for you as you fill out your fall wardrobe, I've narrowed the list down to my top 10 ethical and affordable clothing and accessories brands. Every brand on this list makes items that are both fashion forward and versatile enough for a busy life, whether you're a student, a mom, a freelancer, or anything else.
All brands offer items priced well below $200, with most items averaging around $40-80.00. When you consider that these items have been made by people who receive a fair wage and work in safe factories using organic and sustainable textiles, that's not too shabby.
1. EverlaneTees, blouses, dresses, backpacks, and shoes made with transparency. Everlane is my go-to for knit cotton tees and dresses.
2. Amour VertMinimalist and feminine silhouettes made with ecologically sustainable textiles. I love Amour Vert's contemporary-cut tops.
4. LA RelaxedLaid-back tees, skirts, and dresses made with ecologically sustainable textiles. LA Relaxed is for cool girls (and obviously we're all cool girls).
5. DorsuMix and match separates made with factory remnants in Cambodia. Their tees have a great drape.
7. FashionABLEContemporary jewelry and sustainably-sourced leather bags. $5 off your first purchase when you click through the link above.
9. EtikoConverse look-a-likes out of Australia made with sustainable rubber, organic cotton, and vegan glues. Their high tops are just what I've been looking for.
10. OliberteFair trade certified flats, loafers, and boots. Try their super comfy boots.
For me, it's important that the clothes and accessories I buy have at at least something in common with the rest of my closet. Having access to brands that know how to make flattering, modern, comfortable pieces makes my life a lot easier.
Did a miss a brand? Give me suggestions in the comments.